To: APPLICANTS OF ROLAND R. SCHNEIDER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
PURPOSE OF FUND: This scholarship is intended to give financial assistance to a worthy deserving student of Montezuma-Cortez High School pursuing either an associate degree or a bachelor’s degree. Consideration will be given to your scholastic standing, character, desire to obtain a college education and economic needs determined without regard to race, creed, color, sex or religious beliefs. Such funds are not intended, nor are such funds available, to cover all expenses for any individual. In the planning of your financial need, you should not assume this application will be approved until you are officially notified by the Scholarship Committee.
Under the terms of Mr. Schneider’s will, the committee will be unable to consider applications submitted if you do not plan on attending an accredited college or university.
In 2018, First National Bank of Cortez with the approval of the Roland R. Schneider Memorial Scholarship Committee transferred management of the scholarship fund to Onward! A Legacy Foundation. Onward! has been a part of the four corners community since 2002 managing other scholarships, grants and donor advised funds for our area.
Applications with all accompanying documentation are due by April 1.
Scholarship awards are usually made in the month of May, and you will be notified of the action taken upon your application. The awards will be presented at the awards ceremony.
Thank you for your interest in this scholarship. For questions, contact Onward! at email@example.com.
IF THE APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE THE COMMITTEE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONSIDER YOUR REQUEST FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- This scholarship may be used for education in any accredited college. The school or college must be a degree granting institution.
- All scholarship money will be disbursed through the Financial Aid Office. Funds will be disbursed as follows: 1/2 will be sent in July for the fall semester and 1/2 will be sent in December for the spring semester.
- If, for any reason, the recipient does not enroll in an institution of higher learning or drops out, the unused portion of the funds must be repaid immediately to the Roland R. Schneider Memorial Scholarship.
- It is your responsibility to notify the Committee of any changes in your status as a student.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain that grades will be furnished to the Committee, as many of the colleges will no longer mail out grade transcripts. Upon entrance, you must sign a release at the college or university in order for the grades to be forwarded to the Committee.
- If you are granted a Roland R. Schneider Scholarship by the Committee and also granted another scholarship, the Schneider Scholarship might be canceled or revoked if the other scholarship would be reduced in amount because of the Schneider Scholarship.
- Decisions of Roland R. Schneider Memorial Scholarship Committee are final and binding after announcement of recipients.