Onward! A Legacy Foundation, in our dedication to the philanthropic health of Southwest Colorado, is opening our enhancement grant cycle for another year. 18 years of careful work and dedication has created a foundation where investors can easily and safely make philanthropic donations to investment funds which grow and provide income for non-profit efforts, Onward! continues to enrich the four corners community.
The grant cycle for Onward! will open on September 1 and close October 15. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-term (maximum 1 year) grants ranging from $500 to $3000 are disbursed to grant awardees. Four additional grant fund partners participate in the grant cycle to raise the level of giving.
In 2022, Onward! received 51 applications during their annual grant cycle. Of those grant applications 28 different non-profit organizations were fully/partially funded. Grant winners included:
- Dancing Spirit, Inc.
- DARE To Be You
- Dolores Community Center Association
- Dolores County Community Prevention
- Dolores Watershed Resilient Forest Collaborative
- Dove's Nest
- Four Corners Child Advocacy Center
- Four Corners Community Band
- Hospice of Montezuma
- K-9 Search and Rescue Team
- La Plata County Collaborative Management Program
- La Plata Youth Services
- Lewis-Arriola Community Center
- Mancos Common Press
- Montezuma County Historical Society
- Montezuma County Search and Rescue
- Montezuma Leadership Network
- Oak Tree Resources
- Reaching Out to Community and Kids (ROCK)
- Renew, Inc.
- San Juan Mountain SOLES
- Southwest Colorado Canyons Alliance (SCCA)
- Southwest Colorado Concerts
- Southwestern Colorado Area Health Education Center, Inc.
- Students Tackling Unhealthy Decisions (STUD)
- The Bridge Emergency Shelter
- The Hive DGO
- The Salvation Army
Criteria to apply:
Be a not-for-profit project or organization located in and providing services to Montezuma, Dolores, La Plata, Archuleta or San Juan County, Colorado
Have 501(c)(3) status
Have an organizational structure that demonstrates professionalism and accountability (i.e. a board of directors or similar structure with some kind of governance)
Have well defined goals and a method for evaluating success for the grant activity proposed