- Student must be a graduating senior of Montezuma Cortez High School enrolled in a University, College, or Jr. College in the United States no later than the fall after graduation from MCHS.
- Student must have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3.58 and have taken the ACT or SAT standardized tests.
- Student must be a member of The National Honor Society.
- Student must have participated in at least two MCHS athletic programs, each of which for four years, and at the Varsity level for at least two years in each.
- This is a minimum $1000.00 scholarship payable over one academic year.
- The award is made payable to the college on behalf of the student and will be mailed to the institution by Onward by August first.
- This award is non-renewable and is for the first year of undergraduate study only. It is to be applied to tuition, books, supplies, fees, and on campus room and board only. The scholarship will be divided evenly by semester or trimester. If the student fails to enroll in semester or trimester within the first year of undergraduate study that portion of the scholarship will be forfeited.
- Student will be required to provide all requested information.
- Student may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award. Immediate notification to Onward must be made to insure prompt payment.
- Selection of recipient is based on a combination of academic record, ACT/SAT scores, athletic participation, and extra curricular activities, must submit a written essay by the student outlining their career goals including why student is applying for this scholarship.
- Selection will be made non-discriminatory with regard to gender, race, color, creed, religious beliefs, or financial need.