Montezuma-Cortez High School Alumni Scholarship is the creation of a 2003 graduate of M-CHS. Attending college proved to be an expensive endeavor for him, and he discovered the financial help and encouragement from scholarship monies were invaluable. He wanted to contribute to other students’ education so he searched for an alumni scholarship for M-CHS that he could donate to. Finding none, he started one. This scholarship provides an easy way for alumni to give back and help sustain our community – a community that needs to continue to provide encouragement to its youth. Alumni can make a measurable change in our community’s future.
Applicant must be a graduating senior at M-CHS who will attend post-secondary education: college, university, or vocational school. Minimum 3.2 GPA required.
Scholarship awards will be based upon academic standing, desire to obtain a post-secondary education, school activities, community involvement, and work experience. Students who demonstrate passion, focus and effort in career path are encouraged to apply. If there are multiple finalists, interviews may be scheduled. Depending on fund balance, scholarships can range from $750 to $1500 for a one year, non-renewable scholarship.
Application PROCESS & Documentation:
Please make sure that all items are furnished on the list below; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resume Upload please include the following information:
- contact name and information (include address, telephone and email)
- school activities/honors (last 4 years with dates)
- community volunteer activities/honors (last 4 years with dates),
- work experience (last 4 years with dates)
- An essay up to 500 words (3000 characters) describing how your high school experience prepared you for your chosen post-secondary education. Please include your future field of study as well as the school you plan to attend in the narrative.
- National test scores (SAT and/or ACT)
- An official transcript with fall senior year grades.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Acceptance from the school you plan to attend
All completed information is due by April 1
If there are multiple finalists for the scholarship, interviews may be scheduled. In the event that you are chosen for this scholarship, scholarship monies will be paid through Onward! A Legacy Foundation to the school’s financial aid office.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship.
If you have any questions, contact Onward! at email@example.com.