INFORMATION FOR ALLEN LICHLITER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Allen Lichliter Memorial Scholarship Fund was established from donations made in Memory of Allen Lichliter, an amazing husband, daddy, grandpa, and friend to many. Allen believed that if you loved life and tried, you could do anything. His accomplishments spoke to what he believed, as Allen loved his job and always did his best, even without a college degree. Allen went from starting as an oil rigger all the way to being a supervisor and consultant within his company. His work ethic demonstrates that if you love life, if you try hard, and if you dedicate yourself, you can succeed.
The Allen Lichliter Memorial Scholarship provides a one-time scholarship of $1,000.
- Applicants must be a current year graduate from Montezuma-Cortez High School, Dolores High School, Dove Creek High School or Mancos High School, that has the love and desire to continue a higher education.
- Clearly communicated educational goals and objectives
- Strong evidence of desire to succeed
- Participation in various school activities and/or community involvement
- GPA of 2.0 or Higher
APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS:
- All Application items may not apply to you, but complete as much information as possible.
- Handwritten applications WILL NOT be accepted.
- Incomplete applications MAY NOT be accepted.
- Fill in the blanks where indicated and instructed. A brief answer is one or two sentences. A short answer is two or three paragraphs or less than 150 words.
- SUBMITTAL DEADLINE IS APRIL 1.
- All items except for test scores must be submitted by this date. Except as expressly permitted by the Allen Lichliter Memorial Scholarship Advisory Committee, no additional information will be accepted after this date.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS:
- The Scholarship Advisory Committee reviews and evaluates each application.
- Based on the Scholarship Advisory Committee evaluation, the applicant will be awarded a scholarship applied to tuition.
- The scholarship recipients will be honored at local award ceremonies.
- Letters of award confirmation will describe administrative details of the award.
- The Allen Lichliter Memorial Scholarship Advisory Committee will never sell or provide ANY information to list companies or other organizations. We consider your information to be confidential and we will keep all submitted information private.
The Scholarship Committee may interview informally the top candidates to learn more about educational and personal goals and characteristics of the candidates that are difficult to convey in a written application